blog background

Sunday, January 24, 2010

First Entry

Well, this is my very first post on my very first blog. I am not all that computer literate but I get around on the web somehow. To start with, I would like to share with you a little book published in 1941, written by my grandmother, Alma Campbell Boyte. Alma died in 1976 before I was here. I can tell from her poems that she loved the Lord and her family, especially her mother, Sarah Campbell.





The Way of Victory

Of many ways of the human mind,
As yet, I never have been able to see
How that a Conqueror can count his gain
Through blood stained spoils as Victory.

A thousand times more I'd rather be
The humblest of peasants in his lowly lot,
Than thus be linked with history;
A thousand times, yes, let me be forgot.

May God hasten on that blessed day
When all mankind shall be led to know
That peace holds the way of Victory,
Rather than war with all its woe.
Jan. 8, 1941.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome sweetie, I hope that you have fun doing this sort of stuff. Would you please explain the picture of us and maybe put a better one up soon. lol
    love
    Peter

    ReplyDelete