blog background

Monday, January 16, 2012

Pillowcase Dressy



I picked up this pillowcase at a thrift store 2 years ago. (I actually got 2 of them for $1)


The grey fabric just really popped out at me. I envisioned a dress right from the beginning. Now, mind you, I have three boys. Just who was I going to make a dress for? Well the right time arrived. My niece, Grace, turns 3 on the 30th of this month.



Now trying to be true to my WORD of the year, I pulled out the pillowcase and dove right in. It's a good thing my wonderful mother was there to coach me, because it has been at least 15 years since I have done any sewing.

So here we go. I folded the pillowcase in half.


These are my cuts.




I did not use the middle section, but in its place I added a strip of very cute fabric, and a zipper in the back. Since I haven't sewn in quite some time, I got carried away during the process and did not take many pictures once I started sewing. Here it is in the end.

I followed another tutorial for these cute fabric flowers. You can find it here.

Not perfect, but pretty cute I think. Happy Sewing!

I am linking up:



6 comments:

  1. You make it look SO easy! I love it! The grey & yellow color combo is gorgeous! Super Cute! Thanks for sharing it at Monkey'n Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! I might be able to handle this!! THANKS for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that gray fabric, too! I secretly love that you purchased these 2 years ago. That's so me--finally getting around to a craft I envisioned 2 years ago! :) I love the flowers--SO SO cute! Thanks for sharing at Oopsey Daisy!

    ReplyDelete