blog background

Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Word of the Year



My Word of the Year

I have read about this word of the year thing and have thought a lot about it. I was talking with a friend a couple of weeks ago and this is a word she mentioned. Since that day I can't seem to get that word off my mind.

DISCIPLINE

For me this will take on meaning in every aspect of my life. To begin with my walk with God, the most important relationship I have. I want to have discipline to keep my daily devotion and prayer time with Him.


Discipline to eat healthier, drink more water, and exercise.



Discipline to finish things that I start. (boy does that ever include a lot of things) I have tons of projects around that house just waiting to be finished. I would like to do more crafts and post them on this blog.





Discipline to be a better wife,





and discipline to be a better mom to those that I love the most.




I once heard a quote, not sure who wrote it but none the less it is pretty awesome.

"The smallest good deed is greater than the grandest of good intentions."

Wow, if I could just keep that in mind. I have a whole lot of good intentions I just can't seem to get them accomplished. So what good did it do me or anyone else? Absolutely nothing. So discipline is deffinetley what I need.

What's your word of the year?



1 comment:

  1. great, strong word!

    may the good Lord help you on your journey to becoming disciplined--all for His glory.

    Pax Christi, Lena

    p.s. i found you via layla's blog. my word is pray! simple but direct.

    ReplyDelete